Monday, September 8, 2008

Post-project Review

It's been almost a fortnight since we presented for our first assignment. Been wanting to do a review as a reminder of the things that I need improvement in as well as a reference for me to come back to when I work on my future projects.


These are just some hero shots I took at home with my poor resolution camera phone.


This is how my presentation looks like. And the follwing is the final concept board:

Like Oya said, I missed a few details such as accommodating to different positions of the USB port in the device, the button cross-section in the CAD drawing, and LED indication on the model.


I did actually consider the LED part while I was making the model... but it was silly of me to have not printed out a CAD which I could follow - obviously trying to squeeze everything in my mind is not the most secure method - so ya, I missed that part out after spraying and adhering everything together.


In terms of the general assembly drawing, Oya suggested to include ultra-zoom-ins of the cross section details of - yes - the buttons. Funny that I was more anxious about the LED part of the CAD that I forgot about how the buttons are put together! Man!


Anyway, hopefully I will try to cover all technical / ergonomic / graphical / material specifications of my next design.

In the end I'd like to show the other 2 designs from the same GEN X MEN group:


The eCook by Fendi


The SwingAid by Monica


No comments: