Saturday, August 16, 2008

Concept Generations

Finally I get to return to design after rehearsing hard for the Kick Up The Dust Dance Competition... by the bye we were 2nd runner up!! :D


Anyway back to topic, here are my concept boards from last Wed's studio...

Client comments:

1) should do something that breaks through a Palm (I think Palm only sends vCards i.e. emails of attached basic contact details in text only, so to take a step forward I was thinking to send more image files such as a portfolio / personal photo / GPS or Google Maps of company addresses directly to each other's devices)

2) what happens when the other person only holds a paper BC (i.e. some sort of scanning system, and I thought of the inlcusion of a function similar to vCard, which after scanning the paper BC, the device automatically detects the e-mail address and sends my Gen X guy's own contact details to that address. This way it diminishes the problem when someone hasn't gotten round to getting an eBC device)


Client Comments:

1) what happens when the thief tries to hamper with the fingerprint wallet by breaking it? (I think this is something I need to think about, some ppl suggested self-destruction, or some way that the cards destroy their strip automatically when any sign of forcing of opening etc. )

2) How is it sealed? If it has so much technology within one small thing - is it possible? (I guess I just assumed that the metal railings around the wallet would be somehow magnitized when it's closed... but more research in terms of security systems and size need to be done)


Client comments:

1) I'ts more a device for gadget people... (Even though I did think smart textiles is emerging and will definitely be a part of our future, perhaps the design itself is not feasible in the next 5 years to make it luxurious and at the same time multi-functional... then again you never know!)

p.s. to Monica: I got the information on nanotechnological textiles from the following website:

http://smartextiles.co.uk/

Hope this will help you get deeper into the ideas of smart textiles!

2 comments:

tombaker said...

great layouts for your concept boards. looks really good.

rb said...

I agree with Tom the concept boards look really good, and seem to have a bit of your personal style to them.

PS it is very hard to work out how to leave a coment