Tuesday, August 26, 2008

OMG IT'S TOMORROW!!!


Ok.... just doing the final final touch ups on my model and presentation materials... I am not really sure what the last part of the requirement meant:


"1 x A4 poster of your design and giving information on yourself"


Apparently we could do that on our blogs, so I thought I will just post my hero shot poster here...


This is the portrait version of what I will be presenting in class (which is A3 landscape) along with other perspective and CAD drawings. I actually did this hero shot on Illustrator (no - not Rhino!) which didn't take as long as I thought it would so ya :)

Ok so in terms of model-making ... I was trying to take a photo of my final model with my crappy phone camera but the pixels were really bad and I couldn't load them up onto the laptop tonight so will have to quickly do it tomorrow night (hope the tutors won't mark my blog before then!), but I mean the chrome coat didn't turn out as shiny as I thought it'd be - and then it hit me that I used wood instead of metal...

The explanation on design specs and material choice will be included on an A4 which I have printed out just then... nonetheless I will type them up here too just in case!

Background of Invention

Ÿ - Accumulation and organization of excessive number of cards are extremely labour intensive
Ÿ - The individual need to estimate and carry a sufficient number of cards for exchanging; as well as carry them and store them somewhere on him
Ÿ - Limited amount of information on the business card
Ÿ - A change in business details means cards being wasted and new ones printed

Design Intentions

Ÿ - To break through the existing vCard (the e-mail attachment or SMS alternative of business contacts).
Ÿ - The purpose of business card designers is to graphically establish a sound first impression of the corporate representative; which someone who is serious about his work and position would consider essential in his career (vCards only contain text of limited information).
Ÿ - To fulfill the efficiency and convenience needs of a corporate traveler – bigger memory story of both static and animated graphic files including powerpoint presentation slides.
Ÿ - To be able to interact, exchange, and establish business relationships spontaneously as well as professionally.
Ÿ - Globalization – the ability to automatically translate foreign language information into comprehensible as well as editable text.


Materials Selection


Ÿ- Polished black titanium
It has a high strength-to-weight ratio, lustrous, corrosion-resistant, and used in various applications e.g. aeronautics, surgical utensils, watches, even the Guggenheim Museum (Definitely an artistic material of its class!)

Ÿ- Chrome plated stainless steel
Provides optimal protection of the device with added carbon; the electroplating of a thin layer of chromium is to further increase surface hardness and can also be decorative

Ÿ- Back cover alternative: Leather
To enhance the luxury and high-class taste of our Gen X men, a selection of leather is customizable: calf leather, crocodile skin, etc.

No comments: